Upgrading an earlier version of ArcGIS Data Store
In this topic
- Upgrade an earlier version using the setup program
- Silently upgrade an earlier version using setup.exe
- Silently upgrade an earlier version using setup.msi
ArcGIS 10.3.1 Data Store is provided as a setup program and is executed through a utility named Setup.exe
Upgrading ArcGIS Data Store will restart your service.
Upgrade an earlier version using the setup program
If you encounter the following error, you launched setup.msi instead of setup.exe:
"Upgrade patch not found. ArcGIS 10.3 Data Store cannot be directly upgraded to 10.3.1 without this patch. See the installation guide for more information."
It is recommended that you use setup.exe to upgrade ArcGIS Data Store to 10.3.1. If organizational restraints prevent you from using setup.exe, see Silently upgrade an earlier version using setup.msi.Silently upgrade an earlier version using setup.msi.
- During the installation, read the license agreement and accept it, or exit if you do not agree with the terms
- The ArcGIS for Data Store setup program displays the features that will be installed.
- The existing ArcGIS Data Store services will be stopped and restarted during the upgrade.
- To complete the installation, follow the directions on the screen.
Silently upgrade an earlier version using setup.exe
If organizational restraints prevent you from using setup.exe , see Silently upgrade an earlier version using setup.msi
Use the following command line to run the ArcGIS Data Store setup silently. If a previous version of ArcGIS Data Store is detected on your machine, the setup program will silently upgrade the version<path to ArcGIS Data Store setup download folder>\Setup.exe /qb
Silently upgrade an earlier version using setup.msi
As a security concern, some organizations have restraints in place that prevent the use of executable files ( .exe ) within their IT infrastructure. If your organization has similar constraints in place, you can alternatively install the software using setup.msi
Keep in mind that it is recommended you upgrade ArcGIS Data Store using Setup.exe . This file accepts all supported command line parameters and automatically installs setup.msi as part of the upgrade.
To upgrade to using setup.msi, use the following command line: msiexec /I <path to ArcGIS Data Store setup download folder>\SetupFiles\setup.msi /qb