Welcome to the Mapping and Charting Solutions for Server installation guide
Available with Production Mapping license.
In this topic
Mapping and Charting Solutions for Server provides the platform for sharing geoprocessing services and creating cartographic products in a Microsoft Windows web-based environment.
What is the Mapping and Charting Solutions for Server setup?
The Mapping and Charting Solutions for Server setup contains the following products:
- Esri Production Mapping for Server
- Esri Defense Mapping for Server
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Maritime Chart Service
All the products can be installed at once. Production Mapping is automatically installed.
The Mapping and Charting Solutions follow a standard maintenance cycle and will continue to be enhanced and expanded. For major updates and releases, new complete software setups are provided through the My Esri website, while patches are provided on the Esri Support site.
The My Esri website provides links to the setups and installation guides. Click the setup link to download the associated setup program and optionally start the installation process.
You can also exit the My Esri website and run the installation setup individually. To do so, browse to the folder of the product you want to install and start the setup program. By default, this is the local Documents folder\ArcGIS[version number]\ProductName.
For instance, to install Mapping and Charting Solutions, browse to the directory where the setup file has been saved and double-click setup.exe.
The following steps are required to install and configure Mapping and Charting Solutions for Server.
- Obtain an authorization file for the machine on which you will install Mapping and Charting Solutions for Server.
- Verify that your site meets the system requirements.
- Install ArcGIS for Server.
- If you are installing ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, and have previously installed the project Maritime Chart Server, uninstall the project.
- Install Mapping and Charting Solutions for Server.