Run ArcGIS Enterprise Builder
To install your base deployment, complete the following steps:
- Browse to the location of the downloaded setup files and run ArcGIS Enterprise Builder.
- During installation, read the license agreement and accept it, or exit if you do not agree with the terms.
- Specify the destination folder for installing the base ArcGIS Enterprise components. The location you provide must have a minimum of 20 GB of free disk space to proceed.
If it's not already installed on the machine, Python 2.7.x will be installed automatically on the same volume as that specified for the installation folder.
- Specify the location where the authorization files for both Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server reside. These files can be in either .PRVC or .ECP format.
To use ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, you must have a Standard or Advanced license for ArcGIS Server. An ArcGIS Server Basic license cannot work with the builder.
- To complete the installation, follow the directions on the screen. The time necessary to install the base deployment may be significant—between 30 and 60 minutes.
- While ArcGIS Enterprise Builder is creating your deployment, it logs DEBUG messages to your local drives. These messages provide more details to work with when troubleshooting any configuration failure. From the start of the deployment until the Server site is created, logs are generated in the folder <Install location>\Server\usr\logs. Once the Server site has been created, existing logs are moved and new logs generated in the folder <Content directory location>\arcgisserver\server\logs\server. When the deployment is successful, the logging level is set to WARNING.
If unexpected issues occur during the installation of the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, log files of the installation are automatically created under /home/linux/arcgis/.Setup/EnterpriseBuilder_InstallLog.log and can be shared with Esri Technical Support.
Configure your base deployment
After the builder has installed the software, the ArcGIS Enterprise configuration wizard will open and allow you to configure your base deployment.