Run ArcGIS Enterprise Builder
To install your base deployment, review these steps, and then complete the following:
- Browse to the location of the downloaded setup files and run ArcGIS Enterprise Builder.
- During installation, read the license agreement and accept it, or exit if you do not agree with the terms.
- Specify the destination folder for installing the base ArcGIS Enterprise components. The location you provide as your installation drive must have a minimum of 23 GB of free disk space for installation to proceed. Additionally, 2 GB of space must be available on the system's /tmp folder to allow for extraction of the setup.
If it's not already installed on the machine, Python 2.7.x will be installed automatically on the same volume as that specified for the installation folder.
- Specify the location where your ArcGIS Server authorization file resides. This file can be in either .PRVC or .ECP format.
To use ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, you must have a Standard or Advanced license for ArcGIS Server. An ArcGIS Server Basic license cannot work with the builder.
- To complete the installation, follow the directions on the screen. The time necessary to install the base deployment may be significant—between 30 and 60 minutes.
- While ArcGIS Enterprise Builder is creating your deployment, it logs DEBUG messages to your local drives. These messages provide more details to work with when troubleshooting any configuration failure. From the start of the deployment until the Server site is created, logs are generated in the folder <Install location>\Server\usr\logs. Once the Server site has been created, existing logs are moved and new logs generated in the folder <Content directory location>\arcgisserver\server\logs\server. When the deployment is successful, the logging level is set to WARNING.
If unexpected issues occur during the installation of the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, log files of the installation are automatically created under /home/linux/arcgis/.Setup/EnterpriseBuilder_InstallLog.log and can be shared with Esri Technical Support.
Configure your base deployment
After the builder has installed the software, the ArcGIS Enterprise configuration wizard will open and allow you to configure your base deployment.