Run ArcGIS Enterprise Builder
To install your base deployment, complete the following steps:
- Browse to the location of the downloaded setup files and run ArcGIS Enterprise Builder. To do this, double-click Builder.exe.
- During installation, read the license agreement and accept it, or exit if you do not agree with the terms.
- Specify the destination folder for installing the base ArcGIS Enterprise components. The location you provide must have a minimum of 20 GB of free disk space to proceed.
If it's not already installed on the machine, Python 2.7.x will be installed automatically on the same volume as that specified for the installation folder.
- Specify the account to be used as the owner of various processes and to be used by your base deployment for functions such as accessing operating system locations. A few notes about this account are as follows:
- The default account name is arcgis.
- The account can be a local or domain account.
- The specified account does not have to be part of the Administrators group.
- If you use a local operating system account, the account is created for you if it does not already exist.
- If you enter a domain account, it must already exist on the domain and must be entered using the following format: mydomain\domainaccount.
- Creating a local account during the installation is primarily for the convenience of quickly installing your base deployment.
- The account will be shared across all components.
- The password policy for this account is determined by your operating system and organization's security policy. If you receive an error message indicating that the password provided does not meet the length and complexity requirements defined for your machine, go to Local security policy > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy to view the requirements.
- For production systems, it's recommended that you use a preexisting account that resides in your domain or active directory and follows your organization's security policy.
- Specify the location where the authorization files for both Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server reside. These files can be in either .PRVC or .ECP format.
- To complete the installation, follow the directions on the screen. The time necessary to install the base deployment may be significant—between 30 and 60 minutes.
- While ArcGIS Enterprise Builder is creating your deployment, it logs DEBUG messages to your local drives. These messages provide more details to work with when troubleshooting any configuration failure. From the start of the deployment until the Server site is created, logs are generated in the folder <Install location>\Server\usr\logs. Once the Server site has been created, existing logs are moved and new logs generated in the folder <Content directory location>\arcgisserver\server\logs\server. When the deployment is successful, the logging level is set to WARNING.
If unexpected issues occur during the installation of the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, log files of the installation are automatically created under C:\ProgramData\ArcGISBuilder<VersionNumber> and can be shared with Esri Technical Support.
Configure your base deployment
After the builder has installed the software, the ArcGIS Enterprise configuration wizard will open and allow you to configure your base deployment.