If you installed a base deployment using the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, you can upgrade the base deployment to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 using the builder. This is an easy way to upgrade your deployment using the configuration wizard. All other ArcGIS Enterprise deployments need to be upgraded by individual software components.
Upgrade an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment
Running the 10.6 setups will automatically upgrade your ArcGIS Enterprise software components to 10.6. There is no need to obtain and install each previously released version in sequence, or to uninstall any of your software components.
Your ArcGIS Enterprise portal's version must match the version of the hosting server, any GeoAnalytics Server, any GeoEvent Server, and any Raster Analytics Server federated with it. However, a 10.6 portal will work with any other federated server that is at version 10.5 or later. For example, a 10.5 GIS Server (that is not the hosting server) and a 10.5.1 Business Analyst Server can be federated with a 10.6 portal, as long as its hosting server is at version 10.6.
- Obtain your new 10.6 setup and authorization files from My Esri.
- Back up the following information:
- In your ArcGIS Enterprise portal: Use the webgisdr utility to back up your deployment. Back up any customizations you've configured for your portal, such as properties modified in config.js; any extensions you've added for Operations Dashboard and Web AppBuilder; and the arcgisportal content directory folder.
- For ArcGIS Server: Use the backup utility to back up your server site configuration.
- For ArcGIS Data Store: Run the backupdatastore utility to create a full backup of each of your data stores.
- Perform the upgrade steps for each ArcGIS Enterprise software component in the following order: