Portal counters allow you to track information for Portal for ArcGIS instances running on ArcGIS Server 10.2 or later. Make sure you have the portal initial administrator credentials and URL before adding a portal counter.
Perform the following steps to add a portal counter:
- Start ArcGIS Monitor Administrator.
The Connections view appears.
- Click Open on the Monitor Server connection to which you want to add the counter.
The collection pane appears.
- In the tree view, expand the collection and monitor service to which you want to add the counter.
- Click Portal in the tree view to choose it.
- Right-click Portal and click Add.
- Expand Portal in the tree view and click New Portal.
The Config tab appears.
- Type a name for the counter in the Name text box.
- Use one of the following samples to add the Site Url:
- Use one of the following samples to add the Token Url:
Portal for ArcGIS 10.2.x through 10.4.x
Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.x or later
If your organization uses a different token path, ensure you enter the correct path.
- Click Add Credential.
The Add Credential dialog box appears.
- Type the portal administrator user name or a domain account with administrator access to IIS web adaptor in the Name text box.
- Type the password in the Password text box.
- Click Add.
- Click the Select a credential drop-down arrow and choose a credential.
- Click the Sample Interval drop-down arrow and choose a sample interval.
The recommended sample interval for portal counters is 15 minutes. The sample interval can be reduced to 5 minutes for troubleshooting.
- Optionally type a description in the Description text box.
- Click Test to test the counter.
The test results are displayed below the Test button.
- Click Save to save the counter.
Now you can configure alerts for the counter. You can also view and analyze counter status and metrics in ArcGIS Monitor Server by clicking Categories > ArcGIS.