Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) counters allow you to monitor active, inactive, and the total number of remote desktop sessions on a system. Before you can add an RDP counter, you'll need to add a system counter for the system you want to monitor.
Perform the following steps to add an RDP counter:
- Start ArcGIS Monitor Administrator.
The Connections view appears.
- Click Open on the Monitor Server connection to which you want to add the counter.
The collection pane appears.
- In the tree view, expand the collection and monitor service to which you want to add the counter.
- Click RDP in the tree view to choose it.
- Right-click RDP and click Add.
- Expand RDP in the tree view and click New RDP.
The Config tab appears.
- Click the Name drop-down arrow and choose the system for which you want to monitor remote desktop sessions.
If the system doesn't appear in the list, you'll need to add a system counter for the system you want to monitor.
- Choose a sample interval from the Sample Interval drop-down menu.
It is recommended that you not use sample intervals greater than 5 minutes for critical alerts as this can skew availability statistics. For more information, see View collection availability.
- Optionally type a description in the Description text box.
- Click Test to test the counter.
The test results are displayed below the Test button.
- Click Save to save the counter.
Now you can configure alerts for the counter. You can also view and analyze counter status and metrics in ArcGIS Monitor Server by clicking Categories > Infrastructure.