Event Editor is a map-centric web application that supports linear referenced event data editing. This application is included with ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing for Server.
Event Editor features
- Route searching—Most roadway characteristic editing workflows are route centric, where the first step of attributing the route is locating the route on the map.
- Attribute set-based route attribution—Define groups of event layers, named attribute sets, to provide attributes across multiple event layers in a single transaction for a given route and to/from measure pair. The event layers can also be stored and referenced in different linear referencing methods (LRMs). The application will take care of route and measure translations across LRMs.
- Run quality-control checks—Run QC checks for a route to detect event data gaps, overlaps, and invalid measures; then use the editing capabilities to correct those errors.
- Event data query and editing—Query for event data by its route association, by ad-hoc queries, by spatial intersecting geometry, or by location proximity. Visualize, browse, and bulk edit the tabular results.
- Route redlining—Communicate required LRS modifications or discrepancies by redlining a route to communicate to the LRS data managers that a route needs to be created, extended, retired, realigned, or reassigned.
Deployment of Event Editor
Follow these steps to get your organization's event and route data into Event Editor:
- Create a map document (MXD) with the desired routes and event layers using ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing for Desktop.
- Add the LRS intersection class and other point layers to the map to create events using reference offsets.
- Publish the map document with ArcGIS Server and enable the Pipeline Referencing for Server Linear Referencing capability.
- Create a web map that includes the above map service and a basemap.
- Deploy Event Editor to a web server and configure it to use the above web map.
The application supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10 or latest
- Chrome 4.0 or latest
- Safari 4.0 or latest