The ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing for Server product provides the following capabilities.
Publish networks and event layers as a map service
It provides the capability to publish your ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing LRS Networks and registered event layers as a map service. As a map service, your linear referenced data can be shared to the enterprise and/or published to your organizational account at ArcGIS.com. Networks and events can be consumed by any client application that can consume a Pipeline Referencing for Server map service, including existing web, and mobile clients. In addition, web developers can use the Pipeline Referencing for Server Web APIs to develop web and connected mobile applications against your linear referenced data.
Adds the Linear Referencing capability to map services
Pipeline Referencing for Server extends an existing Pipeline Referencing for Server map service with an additional REST service capability for linear referencing. These additional REST services, provided by Pipeline Referencing for Server, support capabilities such as the following:
- Provide LRS-based network and event layer information.
- Translate coordinate locations to routes and measures.
- Translate (Locate) routes and measures to coordinates or polylines.
- Validate route and/or measure values.
- Convert measures from one LRM to another.
- Multilayer, transactional event editing, with support for overlap retirement and coincident event merging.
Pipeline Referencing provides online developer help for the Pipeline Referencing REST services exposed by the Linear Referencing capability. See Esri Linear Referencing REST API - Overview for more information.
- Visualize networks on a map.
- Visualize events on a map.
- Locate measures on a route.
- Perform spatial and attribute queries for routes.
- Perform spatial, measure, and attribute queries for events.
- Convert routes and measures to coordinates.
- Convert coordinates to routes and measures.
- Convert measures between linear referencing methods (LRMs).
Packages Event Editor
Event Editor is a web application provided by Pipeline Referencing for Server that supports editing of event data in a web browser. More information about the Event Editor can be found at Event Editor user guide.