Portal for ArcGIS command line utilities
Portal for ArcGIS includes some scriptable utilities that allow you to administer the portal from batch files or the operating system command line. The command line utilities are located in the <Portal for ArcGIS installation location>/tools directory and must be executed from that location on the machine running Portal for ArcGIS.
For basic management tasks such as listing and removing members, using these utilities may be easier than writing a script from scratch. The available command line utilities can be used to perform the following:
- Add members to the portal
- Generate a list of all the members in the portal
- Recover the portal when no administrator accounts are available
- Remove members from the portal
- Transfer the ownership of an item from one member to another