Work with usage reports
In this topic
Usage reports can be viewed through the Activity Dashboard for ArcGIS app in the portal website. To access usage reports, log in to the portal website as an Administrator or member with the correct privileges and click My Organization > View Status. For a description of how to work with usage reports, see the sections below.
Organization of usage reports
Usage reports are organized into three categories: Items, Members, and Groups.
- Items—Item reports illustrate how members are creating, using, and sharing content. Use this tab to visualize summary reports about maps, layers, files, apps, and tools. Discover who the top contributors are in your organization and obtain feedback on the geographic extent of items.
- Members—User reports help you understand the status of your organization's members and their activities in the system. Use this tab to aggregate counts of members and accounts by type, and obtain member profile information to achieve awareness about the use of the organization.
- Groups—Group reports provide a sense of active collaborations by members of the organization. Use this tab to determine group access, group owners, and featured groups and determine the share status of groups.
Available usage reports
The available usage reports vary according to which category you are viewing.
Item reports illustrate how members are creating, using, and sharing content. Use this tab to visualize summary reports about maps, layers, files, apps, and tools. Discover who the top contributors are in your organization and obtain feedback on the geographic extent of items. Adjust the time slider at the top of the app to change the reporting period for all reports. The default is one week.
- Content Summary—Displays the number of new or modified items added to the organization during the reporting period. Contributors is the number of members who created or modified items during the reporting period.
- Contributors—Displays the members that created or modified items during this reporting period. Also reports the number of contributions made by each contributing member.
- Sharing Summary—Displays the distribution of how members are setting share permissions on items during the reporting period.
- Tags in Items—Displays an ordered list of the tags used in all of the items returned in the current activity report. The tag size is scaled based on the frequency of its use. This report provides context and keywords used in tagging the items created or modified during this reporting period.
- Most Viewed Items—Displays the top ten viewed items in the organization since the day Portal for ArcGIS was installed.
- Organization Items—Displays a summary count of the total number of items in the organization.
- Content Details—Displays a summary chart, item information table, and an item extents map for the items created or modified during the reporting period. Items are categorized as Map, Layers, Files, Apps and Tools. Selecting a category will update the chart, table, and extents map. Items in the table can be selected to provide additional information regarding the usage of the selected item. Additionally, when hovering over an item in the tables, its geographic extent (when applicable) is highlighted in the extents map below the table.
Member reports help you understand the status of your organization's members and their activities in the system. Use this tab to aggregate counts of members and accounts by type, and obtain member profile information.
- By Profile Visibility—Displays a summary of how members are managing the visibility of their personal profiles in the system. Member profiles can be either private or public.
- Members by Role—Displays the distribution of members by role. Members are assigned one of four roles in the portal: Administrator, Publisher, User, and Custom. For more information, see Organization roles.
- Member Accounts—Displays the total number of active member accounts registered in the portal. The maximum number of named users the portal is licensed for is also displayed. The login rate is the percentage of members who have logged in to the organization home page at least once in the past 30 days. Logins today is the number of members who have logged in to the home page at least once in the past 24 hours.
- Utilization Statistics—The chart aggregates various usage information for the selected member. Usage information includes contributions to the organization over the previous week and other activity. It also displays the geographic extent of all items owned by the selected member. Use the drop-down box to view information for a different member.
Group reports provide a sense of active collaborations by members of the organization. Use this tab to determine group access, group owners, featured groups, and the share status of groups.
- Groups—The total number of groups in the organization.
- New Groups—The total number of groups created in the organization within the last 30 days.
- Group Owners—The percentage of members who own one or more groups in the organization.
- Group Contributions—The percentage of groups that provide members read and write access. The difference between this value and 100 percent represents the percentage of groups that are read-only.
- Group Access—Displays the distribution of how members can discover and request group membership.
- Group Owners—Displays members who own the most groups within the organization.
- Group Sharing—Displays how groups are shared across the organization.
- Featured Groups—Displays featured groups within the organization, basic information about the groups, and the number of items within each group.