Check for software patches and updates
Esri periodically releases software patches and updates for all components of ArcGIS. Email notifications are sent for each update and announced on the Patches and Service Packs page on the Esri Support website. You can also check if updates are available using a utility installed with the software.
The utility will only report update information for ArcGIS for Server, Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Data Store. Other products are not supported. If more than one of these products are installed on the machine, update information for those products will also be reported.
To check for updates, see the steps below.
- Log in to the machine hosting Portal for ArcGIS.
- Click Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > Portal for ArcGIS > Check for Updates.
If your machine is offline or does not have direct access to the Internet, an error message will display. If your machine uses a forward proxy server to access the Internet, you'll need to specify the proxy server in the utility:
- Click the gear icon at the bottom of the utility dialog box.
- In the Settings dialog box, select Connect through a Proxy Server.
- Specify the host name, port, and user credentials (if necessary) of the proxy server.
- Click OK to connect to the proxy server.
- Review the Portal for ArcGIS update information. If ArcGIS for Server or ArcGIS Data Store products are installed on the machine, information for those products also display. Installed patches are available at the bottom of the dialog box. Click any link in the dialog box to obtain more information and instructions for downloading and installing the update.
Click OK to close the notification dialog box.