Update security constraints for an LDAP-secure portal
On an LDAP-secure portal using ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java Platform), there are extra steps required to configure Operations Dashboard. Once you copy the files to your portal, you need to update the security constraints in the web.xml file.
- Start a command prompt as an administrator.
- Browse to the web.xml file for the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java Platform) by typing cd <web adaptor directory> where <web adaptor directory> is the path to your ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation. For example, cd /data/installed/apache-tomcat-7.0.20/arcgis/WEB-INF.
- Open the web.xml file for editing.
- Insert the following lines after the <welcome-file-list>section:
<security-constraint> <web-resource-collection> <web-resource-name>Unsecured operations dashboard</web-resource-name> <url-pattern>apps/dashboard-win/*</url-pattern> </web-resource-collection> </security-constraint>
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the web application server.
- Continue creating an item on the portal.