In this topic
The Elevation Profile app template displays the elevation profile for a selected feature or a measured line. This template uses the Profile geoprocessing service to generate elevation values along the profile.
You can configure the app using any of the following options:
- Map: Choose which web map (or maps) to use in your application.
- Bing Maps Key: Enter a Bing Maps key to allow the application to use Bing Maps.
- Scale bar units: Specify the scale bar units to be used, either Metric or English.
- Profile service URL: You can provide the URL for a custom profile geoprocessing service. This is required for disconnected environments. (This option is new in Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1.)
- Search: Display the Search box to enable navigation to addresses and places.
To use the Profile geoprocessing service, you must have access to the Internet.
If your portal is not connected to the Internet, you need to create your own profile geoprocessing service. To do this, download the Elevation Profile app template. The download (ConfigureCustomProfileService.zip) contains the Profile Tool, sample data, and documentation. Follow the instructions in the documentation to use the Profile Tool with your data to create the profile geoprocessing service. You must have ArcGIS Spatial Analyst and ArcGIS 3D Analyst to publish a custom profile geoprocessing service.