Set map options for apps
ArcGIS has several ready-to-use apps you can use to view maps in web browsers, mobile devices, and desktop map viewers. Most map clients allow you to browse location-specific places, view information about the attributes on the map, see legends and scales, go to bookmarked places, and print. Some clients offer additional tools and capabilities that allow you to route, measure, and select a basemap. As the map author, you can set these properties in the item details of your map.
- Create and save a map in the map viewer. For Collector for ArcGIS, the map needs to include at least one editable feature layer.
- Open My Content and click the name of your map to view its item details.
- Click Edit, scroll down to view and modify Application Settings, which are in the Properties section of the page.
- Choose the settings to enable.
The ArcGIS apps support some, but not all, of these settings. See the descriptions below for details.
- Click Save to update your map with the settings.