Time Slider widget
In this topic
The Time Slider widget enables you to view temporal layers in a map, and play the map to see how the data changes over time. Using this widget, you can control the animation of the data with buttons to play/pause, go to previous time period, and go to next time period.
Configuring the Time Slider widget
The Time Slider widget is an off-panel widget. By default, it is turned off.
- Hover the mouse over the Time Slider widget and click the small eye icon to show this widget in your application. It is located on the lower-left corner of the map, right above the Scalebar widget.
- Click the small edit icon to open the configuration window.
- Optionally check the box if you want to display the temporal layer names on the widget.
- Click OK to save the configuration and close the window.
Using the Time Slider widget
- Click the Time Slider widget icon on the map to open the widget panel when there is time-aware layer(s) in the map. Otherwise, you cannot open it.
If the time animation of a layer is disabled in the web map, the widget will ignore the layer.
- Click the Play/Pause button to begin animating the map or pause the animation.
- Click the Previous/Next button to go back to the last data interval or advance to the next data interval.
- Move the mouse over the speed menu to adjust the playback speed.
- Click the X button in the panel to close the Time Slider widget.