As an administrator of your organization, you determine whether HTTPS is required for all communication. As a security best practice, enforce HTTPS so that all communication in your portal is sent using HTTPS. Configure your portal and the web server hosting ArcGIS Web Adaptor to only allow communication through HTTPS. If you have shortcuts or bookmarks to the portal website that uses HTTP, update them to use HTTPS.
This option also controls communication with external web content, for example, ArcGIS Server services, Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) services, and so on. When this option is turned on, Portal for ArcGIS accesses external web content using HTTPS. If HTTPS is unavailable, external content is blocked.
Follow the steps below to enforce HTTPS for all communication in your portal.
- Sign in to the portal website as an administrator of your organization and click the Edit Settings button.
- Click the Security link on the left side of the page.
- Check the Allow access to the portal through HTTPS only check box.
- Click Save to apply your change.
- Enforce HTTPS on the web server hosting ArcGIS Web Adaptor. For more information, see Enable HTTPS on your web server.