About Navigator for ArcGIS
Navigator for ArcGIS is a mobile app that integrates with other ArcGIS apps and provides a complete navigation experience. To use Navigator, a licensed subscription is needed and must be managed by a portal administrator. All portal members can download and install Navigator from their device’s native marketplace, such as iTunes. However, the app will not function unless the member is signed in and the account has been configured with a license.
Purchase and download a Navigator for ArcGIS license file through My Esri, and import the file into your portal website. You can then provision Navigator licenses to members of your ArcGIS Enterprise portal through the portal website.
Configure Navigator for ArcGIS licenses for your organization
Configure Navigator for ArcGIS licenses using the following steps. The portal you specify to manage licenses below is known as the licensing portal. Navigator for ArcGIS connects to this portal to obtain licensing information for members of your organization. If your organization has multiple portals, ensure the portal you specify is the one you want to use to manage licenses.
- Log in to My Esri and click My Organizations > Licensing > Create New Provisioning File.
- Choose Additional Portal Products from the Product Type list.
The Version, License Type, Provision, and File Type options populate automatically.
- Click Apply.
- Choose the number of named users you need in the Allocate column of the products list. Click Next.
- Provide the contact and address information for your organization.
Click Populate user fields from my profile and Populate organization fields from my organization to automatically enter the information associated with your account.
- Specify the delivery option for your license file. Optionally add a description or note to your request.
- Click Review File and verify the provisioning information.
- Click Create File.
Depending on the delivery option you specified, the file is available for download immediately or attached to an email sent to the address you specified.
- Save the file in a directory that is accessible to the portal machine.
- Open a web browser and sign in to your ArcGIS Enterprise portal as the default administrator in your portal organization.
The portal you sign in to becomes the licensing portal for your organization.
- Click Organization > Manage Licenses > Import.
- Browse to and select the Navigator license file you generated from My Esri.
- Click Import to configure your portal for Navigator for ArcGIS licenses.
Provision Navigator for ArcGIS licenses in your ArcGIS Enterprise portal
Once you've configured Navigator licenses for your organization, assign licenses to yourself and your portal members. See Manage licenses for full instructions.
You can only provision Navigator for ArcGIS licenses to portal members within membership level 2.
Remove entitlements for Navigator for ArcGIS
If your organization decides to stop using Navigator for ArcGIS, you can remove the entitlements from your ArcGIS Enterprise portal using the following steps:
- First, remove the Navigator license from each portal member account that was assigned one.
- Sign in to the ArcGIS Enterprise portal website as a member of the default administrator role.
- Click Organization > Manage Licenses > Additional Products.
Note that if your ArcGIS Enterprise portal does not have ArcGIS Pro entitlements, you will not see the Additional Products tab.
- To remove licenses from one member at a time, click the hyperlink in the Licensed for column. To remove licenses from multiple members, click each member to add them to the Selected Members list and click Configure.
- Uncheck Navigator under Esri Applications and click Update.
- Open a web browser and sign in to the ArcGIS Portal Directory for the licensing portal. Sign in as a member of the default administrator role in your portal organization. The URL is formatted as https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin, where portal.domain.com is the fully qualified machine name where Portal for ArcGIS is installed.
- Click System > Licenses > Remove All Entitlements.
- Choose Navigator from the Application drop-down menu.
- Click Remove All Entitlements for application.