- Sign in to the portal website as an administrator of your organization.
- Click Organization at the top of the site and click Edit Settings.
- Click Items on the left side of the page.
- Configure any of the following settings:
- For Comments, check the box to show and allow comments on items in the organization. When the box is not checked, comments cannot be added and are not displayed for items owned by the organization.
- Check to enable metadata for your organization and choose the style—FGDC CSDGM Metadata, INSPIRE Metadata Directive, ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification GML3.2, ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification, or North American Profile of ISO19115 2003. The style controls how the metadata appears and which fields are available for creating it. By enabling metadata, members of your organization are able to include additional standards-based metadata in their items using a built-in metadata editor. When this metadata is included, anyone with access to the item can view the metadata in the style configured for the organization.
If you later disable metadata, existing metadata is not lost. The metadata is still part of the item, but the editing experience is no longer available in the portal website. Any standards-based metadata authored while metadata was enabled can still be viewed from the item page.
- Click Save to save the changes you've made.