As an administrator of your organization, you can choose which groups to feature on the Groups and Organization pages of the site.
- Sign in to the portal website as an administrator of your organization.
- At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Settings tab.
- Click Groups on the left side of the page.
- Configure any of the following group settings:
- Click Save to save the changes you've made.
Click Assign Group Members to add members to groups. In the window that appears, complete the following steps:
- Search for members by name, group, or role, and then optionally filter by user type. Click the name or names from the filtered members list or click Add All to select members. Click Next.
- Select the group or groups to assign the members or click Add All to select all groups in the list. You can also search for specific groups by name. Click Next.
- Verify the members and groups and click Assign to add the selected members to the selected groups.
Select a group from the list of all the groups owned by members of your organization. You can also search for a specific group by entering its name in the search box, clicking the Search button, and then clicking the group name to add it to the list of featured groups.
Choose the group that contains the apps you want to use in the group configurable apps gallery.
Check the Share the Esri default configurable apps to this group when you click Save box. To add additional Esri default configurable apps (for example, after a site update), check the box again and save your settings. You can also add other Esri public configurable apps not included in the default set (for example, retired apps) by sharing items to your group. To remove configurable apps you added to your group, open the group and remove the items you no longer want.
To change how the items are sorted in the gallery, select a field in the drop-down list next to Sorted by. To change how the items are ordered, check or uncheck the box next to Ascending. If you change the sort field or order here, the items on the group page, as well as in apps, are also changed.
You can choose a group to use in the configurable apps gallery so that you can add customized configurable app templates to your portal. Each app template includes a downloadable ZIP file containing the source code of the application template and a preview version that can be displayed in a web browser. You can download the ZIP file and customize the template to deploy it on your own web server. You can also add a customized template back into the portal as a configurable Web Mapping Application item, attaching your source code to the item, so that others can discover and use the template. If you then share the customized template with a group that you specify as the Configurable Apps group, other portal members will see your custom template as an option in the configurable apps gallery.