Portal for ArcGIS exposes its functionality through the ArcGIS REST API, therefore you can script the administration of the portal using the API. The sample scripts included with Portal for ArcGIS leverage this API and have been written so you can run them easily from any machine configured with the Python 2.7 environment (required). The scripts are designed to be executed as is from the command line. However, you can customize them, create your own, or use them to learn how to interact with the REST API.
The following samples are available:
- Add members to the portal
- Copy content from one portal to another
- Grant members of the portal access to specific groups
- Prepare Esri basemaps for use in offline workflows
- Transfer the ownership of a member's items to another member
- Update the URL of a service that is referenced in a web map