When setting up a collaboration that will only contain ArcGIS Enterprise participants, keep the following in mind:
- ArcGIS Enterprise collaboration participants may be using version 10.5 or later. There are limits to what type of content can be shared. For more information, see Collaborate with an earlier release of ArcGIS Enterprise.
- At 10.6, ArcGIS Enterprise collaboration participants have the option to share feature layers as copies to other ArcGIS Enterprise participants.
- At 10.6.1, participants can share web apps as copies.
Creating a collaboration involves multiple administrators: one from each participant. This means you will need to work with the other administrators to complete the collaboration setup, or if you are the administrator of multiple ArcGIS Enterprise deployments, you may take on host and guest responsibilities during this process.
For an introduction to key concepts and terms such as access modes and workspaces, see Key concepts for collaboration.
Get started with collaboration
- Choose which of your
participants will act as the host of the collaboration.
- The host is the participant who creates and manages the overall collaboration and the workspaces in the collaboration.
- Guests push content to, and pull content from, the host depending on the access modes of the workspaces in which they participate.
- Once a participant has been established as a host, they can begin creating a collaboration as outlined in Create a collaboration. A key part of creating the collaboration is the process of inviting guests. To do so, the host must generate and send an invitation file to each guest administrator.
- Once invitations have been sent, the administrators of each guest must accept the invitation by going through the workflow outlined in Join a collaboration. This involves accepting the invitation and sending back the generated response file to the administrator of the collaboration host who must then import using the workflow outlined in Create a collaboration.
Now the collaboration creation is complete and a trusted relationship has been formed between host and guest participants.
With the collaboration established and the desired workspaces defined, you can start sharing content between the participants as outlined in Share content to collaboration groups.