Follow the steps below to get Portal for ArcGIS up and running on a single machine. To configure a highly available deployment of Portal for ArcGIS, see Configuring a highly available portal.
If you are upgrading from a previous version to Portal for ArcGIS 10.6 follow steps in the upgrade Portal for ArcGIS topic.
- Verify that your system meets the minimum system requirements.
- Plan how to use Portal for ArcGIS with other ArcGIS system components.
- Modify your firewall to allow communication on the ports used by Portal for ArcGIS.
- Install Portal for ArcGIS and authorize it for use.
- Open the portal website and log in by defining the initial administrator account.
- Install ArcGIS Web Adaptor and configure it with your portal. Use the initial administrator account or another administrator you've defined to configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor. If your ArcGIS Server site includes ArcGIS Web Adaptor, you cannot use it with your portal. Portal for ArcGIS must have its own ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
Once you've completed these steps, configure the website for use. If you need assistance, click the Help link at the top of the website. This opens the product documentation installed with Portal for ArcGIS. You can also access the help using the installed shortcuts.