The first step to launching a new site is the Site Configuration tab where you specify a name, provide a description, and create the URL for your site.
The site remains private until you share your site.
- Browse to the admin application.
- On the Sites tab, choose Create New Site.
The Site Builder opens to the Site Configuration tab where you can set up basic information including the site name, description, and URL.
- Provide a name for the site. The name appears in the browser tab. There is a maximum 70 character limit.
- Optionally, provide a browser icon.
- Provide a site URL. The name you provide appears at the end of your organization's standard site URL, for example, https://webadaptorhost/webadaptorname/apps/sites/#/mysitename. There is a maximum 64 character limit. By default, the site will be named 'data'.
- Set a fixed map extent.
- Click Save.
Use a custom basemap
You can configure your site to use a custom basemap from your organization's Map Viewer basemap gallery. Your organization can also configure the Map Viewer. All custom basemaps must have HTTPS connections enabled on the service.
- Log in to the Sites Administration application.
- Create a new site, or choose to configure an existing site.
- Scroll below the map and choose the Custom Basemap option.
- Choose a basemap from your basemap gallery
Basemaps that use a projection other than Web Mercator do not support location search within the map.
Vector tile basemaps are not supported at this time.
The Enterprise portal setting of determines the HTTP/HTTPS URL behavior for your site.