The Local Perspective app template highlights features from a web map based on a user-selected location or address. In addition to your data, you can include demographics, lifestyle, live weather information and enable driving directions.
You can configure the app using any of the following options:
- Map: Choose which web map to use in your application.
- Title: Specify the application title. The default title is the web map name.
- Logo URL: Specify a URL for a logo you want displayed in the application.
- Color: Choose to use a single color scheme for the application, or to use a unique color scheme for each layer.
- Show demographics: Include United States demographic information for the selected location.
- Show lifestyle: Include United States lifestyle information for the selected location. Lifestyle information is based on Esri's tapestry segmentation neighborhood profile data.
- Show weather: Include weather conditions for the selected location.
- Enable routing directions: Allow users to generate turn-by-turn driving directions.
- Distance units: Choose either miles or kilometers for distance measurements.
- Weather units: Choose to report temperatures in Celsius (C) or Fahrenheit (F).
You must have Internet access to use the demographics, lifestyle, and live weather information.
To use driving directions, your portal must be configured to provide directions.