ArcGIS clients offer several geocoding tools that you can use to perform large batch geocoding jobs against on-premises geocoding services. Batch geocoding tools provide the following experience:
- The tools accept a portal item as input. Valid input items are tables, CSV files, or Excel spreadsheets.
- The tools allow feature layer or file output items in the portal. Supported file types are CSV or Excel spreadsheets.
- Members of the default administrator role can configure the tools to leverage on-premises geocoding services and support asynchronous execution to get jobs done faster.
The following tools allow you to perform large batch geocoding jobs against the locators configured in your portal:
- The Geocode Locations from Table standard feature analysis tool in Map Viewer
- The Batch Geocode ArcGIS REST API task
- The ArcGIS API for Python batch_geocode function