You can execute the Esri Roads and Highways quality control checks to detect gaps, overlaps, and invalid measures on event data with the Event Editor.
- Open Event Editor and, if prompted, sign in to Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online.
- Click the Review tab.
- In the QC group, click Check Events.
The Check Events on Route widget appears.
- Click the Network (LRM) drop-down arrow and choose the LRS Network that will serve as a source for selecting the location of the quality control check.
This can be any LRS Network published as a layer in the Event Editor.
- If your network is configured to have a route name, the Route Name text box appears, otherwise the Route ID text box will appear. Type a route name or a route ID. You can also use the drop-down list to do the following:
This can be any LRS Network published as a layer in Event Editor.
- Select the Choose Routes option and use the Select a Route on the Map tool to pick the route that will be used to check events.
- Select the Selected Routes option to pick all the routes that are selected using the route selection method.
- Select the Highlighted Routes option to pick only the routes that are highlighted from the route selection set.
The selected routes are now highlighted on the map.
- Type a From Measure value of the intended start location of the quality control check along the route in the From Measure text box, or use the Select From Measure on the Map tool to select the start location from the map.
A green plus appears at the selected location on the map.
- Enter a To Measure value of the intended end location of the quality control check along the route in the To Measure text box, or use the Select To Measure on the Map tool to select the end location from the map.
If you do not enter the From and To Measure values, the tool runs with the Start and End Measure values of the route.
A red cross symbol appears at the selected location on the map.
- Choose an option for validating events.
- Check all event layers in the map.
- Choose all the events present in a particular attribute set. For more information on how to create an attribute set containing multiple events, see Configuring attribute sets.
- Choose a specific event layer using the drop-down arrow.
- Select checks.
- Detect Gaps
- Detect Overlaps
- Detect Invalid Measures
- Click Run Checks.
The Quality Control Results grid opens and is populated with results.
- The results can be explored using the navigation buttons at the bottom.
- Click the First Page button or Last Page button to go to the first or last page of results.
- Click the Next Page button or Previous Page button to go to the next or previous page of results. Alternatively, you can use the drop-down arrow and choose the page number to directly access a page.
Clear map highlights.
Zoom to highlighted error.
Zoom to selected errors.
Export selected features to CSV file.
Use advanced table sorting to organize results.
Configure to show Route ID, Route Name, Line Id, and Line Name when applicable, and navigation to highlighted results.