The Esri Roads and Highways for Server product provides the following capabilities.
Publish networks and event layers as a map service
It provides the capability to publish your Roads and HighwaysLRS Networks and registered event layers as a map service. As a map service, your linear referenced data can be shared to the enterprise and/or published to your organizational account at ArcGIS.com. Networks and events can be consumed by any client application that can consume an ArcGIS Server map service, including existing web, and mobile clients. In addition, web developers can use the ArcGIS Server Web APIs to develop web and connected mobile applications against your linear referenced data.
Adds the Linear Referencing capability to map services
Roads and Highways for Server extends the existing ArcGIS Server map service with an additional REST service capability for linear referencing. These additional REST services, provided by Roads and Highways for Server, support capabilities such as the following:
- Provide LRS-based network and event layer information.
- Translate coordinate locations to routes and measures.
- Translate (Locate) routes and measures to coordinates or polylines.
- Validate route and/or measure values.
- Convert measures from one LRM to another.
- Multilayer, transactional event editing, with support for overlap retirement and coincident event merging.
Roads and Highways provides online developer help for the Roads and Highways REST services exposed by the Linear Referencing capability. See Esri Linear Referencing REST API - Overview for more information.
- Visualize networks on a map.
- Visualize events on a map.
- Locate measures on a route.
- Perform spatial and attribute queries for routes.
- Perform spatial, measure, and attribute queries for events.
- Convert routes and measures to coordinates.
- Convert coordinates to routes and measures.
- Convert measures between linear referencing methods (LRMs).
Roads and Highways provides online hosted versions of these developer samples. See Esri Roads and Highways: Sample Web Applications for more information.
Packages Event Editor
Event Editor is a web application provided by Roads and Highways for Server that supports editing of event data in a web browser. More information about the Event Editor can be found at Event Editor user guide.