Deleting a GIS server from a site in ArcGIS for Desktop
You can delete a GIS server from a site using ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS for Desktop. To delete a GIS server, follow these steps.
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and establish an Administer GIS server connection to the server. See the topic Making an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS for Desktop for instructions on how to connect. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step.
If the GIS server you want to delete is currently being used to connect to the ArcGIS Server site, you will not be able to delete the machine in ArcGIS for Desktop. Instead, connect to the site using another machine or use ArcGIS Server Manager.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click your server connection and choose Server Properties.
- In the ArcGIS Server Properties window, click the Machines tab.
- Select the machine you want to delete and click Remove. Your machine is deleted from the site.