Specifying the configuration store location using ArcGIS for Desktop
You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS for Desktop to specify the name and location of the configuration store. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and click Administer GIS server to establish an administrative connection to the server. See Making an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS for Desktop for instructions on how to connect. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step.
- Right-click your ArcGIS Server connection and choose Server Properties.
- In the ArcGIS Server Properties window, click the Configuration Store tab.
- Specify the name and location of the configuration store. You can navigate to a directory on disk, or type its path.
In a multiple-machine deployment, the GIS server machines need to access the configuration store through a shared network directory.
- Click Apply. This restarts ArcGIS Server.
After the restart, the name and location of the configuration store are updated, and the new file path location appears in the Configuration Store tab.