Adding a GIS server to a site in Manager
If you've installed ArcGIS Server on one or multiple GIS server machines, you can add them to your site using Manager.
To add a GIS server to your site, follow these steps:
- Open Manager and log in. If you need help with this step, see the topic Logging in to Manager.
- Click Site > GIS Server > Machines.
- In the Machines module, click Add Machine.
- In the Add Machine window, enter the name of the GIS server machine you want to add to the site, for example, gisserver.domain.com.
You must type the exact name of the machine. Do not type localhost.
- The URL of the GIS server machine you want to add to the site is entered automatically. The URL will be formatted http://gisserver.domain.com:6080.
- Optionally, add the machine to a cluster by selecting a cluster from the Cluster Name drop-down list.
GIS servers must be configured to participate in a cluster before they can perform the work of satisfying requests issued to your services. If you do not want your machine to be immediately available to satisfy requests, select Do not add machine to a cluster from the drop-down list. You can add the machine to a cluster on the Clusters tab at a later time.
- Click Add. Your machine is added to the site and appears in the Machines module.
You can repeat these steps as necessary to add GIS server machines to your site.