Editing a server directory in Manager
You can use ArcGIS Server Manager to edit a server directory. To do so, follow the steps below.
In 10.0 and earlier versions, you were required to manually restart services after changing the location of a directory. In 10.1 and later versions, services are restarted automatically. If your ArcGIS Server site has a large number of services, it may take a significant amount of time for all the services to restart. A recommended practice is to adequately plan and test your ArcGIS Server deployment so that you do not have to edit the server's directories.
- Open Manager and log in. If you need help with this step, see Logging in to Manager.
- Click Site > GIS Server > Directories.
- Locate the server directory you want to configure, then click Edit . The Edit Directory dialog box appears.
- Optionally, enter a new location for the directory.
When you edit a directory path, the contents of the directory are copied to the new location unless you are editing a cache directory. When you change a cache directory location, you must copy the cache to the new location yourself.
- Optionally, update the description in the Description field.
- Optionally, set the cleanup mode and maximum file age. The server will delete files in the directory at regular intervals based on the maximum age of the file.
- Click Save.
The edits to your directory are applied and listed in the Directories module.