00146: The <value> extension needed for layer <value> is not <value>
In this topic
You are copying terrain or network datasets to an ArcGIS server and you do not have the appropriate ArcGIS for Desktop extension enabled or the needed extension is not available. The <value> parameters cover the extension type, the layer name, and whether the extension is not enabled, or not available.
The solution depends on whether or not you want to copy data to the ArcGIS server.
- If you want to copy your data to the server you will need to enable the appropriate extension.
To enable the extension, start ArcCatalog, ArcMap, ArcScene, or ArcGlobe; click Customize > Extensions in the main menu; then check the appropriate extension.
- You can choose not to copy the data to the ArcGIS server in which case you will need to register the layer's data source with the ArcGIS server.
The appropriate extension must be available, licensed, and enabled on the client machine in order to copy terrain or network datasets to the ArcGIS server.
This error covers the following conditions.
- The ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension needed for layer is not enabled.
- The ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension needed for layer is not available.
- The ArcGIS Network Analyst extension needed for layer is not enabled.
- The ArcGIS Network Analyst extension needed for layer is not available.