Accessing map and image cache properties in Manager
When you edit a service in Manager, you can modify the tiling scheme and various other settings for the service's cache.
Some settings for cache management and generation are not available from Manager because Manager cannot launch geoprocessing tools. For the most comprehensive cache management experience, access the cache properties in ArcGIS for Desktop.
- Open Manager and log in. If you need help with this step, see Logging in to Manager.
- Click Services, and click Manage Services.
- Click the name of your map or image service.
If you don't see your service in the list, it may be in a folder. You can explore the available folders by clicking them in the left menu.
- Once you're viewing your service details, click Caching in the left menu.
- Set the cache properties as desired.
Note that some properties, such as tile origin and dimensions, are read-only after the cache is initialized.
- When you're finished modifying cache properties, click Save and Restart.
See Available map and image cache properties to learn about choosing cache options.