24016: Mosaic dataset contains error(s) found during item-level analysis
In this topic
Mosaic datasets have their own analyzer. This ensures that the mosaic dataset is functioning properly and efficiently. This mosaic dataset has at least one error or warning. It is recommended that you fix any mosaic dataset errors for your service to work optimally.
Resolve all errors. You need to open the mosaic dataset in ArcMap to review the analysis results.
- Right-click the mosaic dataset in ArcMap's table of contents and click Data > View Analysis Results to view the results.
This opens the results of the analysis in the Prepare window.
- Right-click on each message to get more information, read help for the error, and click on suggested fixes.
Viewing the mosaic dataset analysis results will override the results of any previous analysis in the Prepare window. Once you address the results of the mosaic analysis, click the Analyze button on the Service Editor dialog box to reanalyze for the service.
When publishing a mosaic dataset as an image service or as part of another service, such as a map service, the mosaic dataset will be analyzed. This analysis is at a higher level and will not examine the contents of the mosaic dataset. It is recommended that you analyze a mosaic dataset using the Mosaic Dataset Analyzer tool before you publish it.
Errors are categorized into the following:
- Error/High—Indicates an issue that may adversely affect the basic desktop roaming or publishing with the mosaic dataset. Examples: invalid visibility or cannot open the raster dataset.
- Error/Medium—Indicates an issue that directly affects the authoring experience. Geoprocessing tools under the mosaic dataset toolset are quite likely to fail because of this issue. Examples: Empty mosaic or invalid raster type ID.
- Error/Low—Indicates that the issue might affect some aspects related to the mosaic dataset (or any derived image service). Examples: invalid center XY or broken paths.
You must fix the Errors in the Prepare window.