24046: Tool <value> cannot use VB expressions for services
In this topic
Tools that use VB expressions, such as Calculate Field, cannot use VB expressions in 64-bit ArcGIS products (ArcGIS for Server, ArcGIS for 64-bit Background Processing, and ArcGIS Runtime).
- If your tool is not using a VB expression, you can ignore this warning.
- If your tool uses a VB expression, you must modify your task to use Python. Geoprocessing services and packages built for ArcGIS Runtime can use the following instructions to update the task.
- Remove the task from the Service Editor.
- Edit the original tool.
- Replace the VB expression with an equivalent Python expression.
- Rerun the tool.
- Add the result back into the Service Editor and finish publishing your service.
Tools executed in 64-bit Background Processing need to be rerun using a Python expression.