If you've installed the ArcGIS Server component on one or multiple machines, you can add them to an existing site using ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcMap.
To add an ArcGIS Server machine to a site, follow these steps:
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and create an Administer GIS server connection to the server. See Make an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcMap for instructions on how to connect. If you already have an administrative connection, you can skip this step.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click your server connection and choose Server Properties.
- Click the Machines tab in the ArcGIS Server Properties window.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Machine window, enter the name of the machine you want to add to the site, for example, gisserver.domain.com.
You must type the exact name of the machine. Do not type localhost.
- Enter the URL of the machine you want to add to the site in the format https://gisserver.domain.com:6443. If the site uses HTTP only for communication, use the URL in the format http://gisserver.domain.com:6080 instead.
- Optionally add the machine to a cluster by selecting a cluster from the Cluster Name drop-down list.
ArcGIS Server machines must be configured to participate in a cluster before they can perform the work of satisfying requests issued to your services. If you do not want your machine to be immediately available to satisfy requests, select Do not add machine to a cluster from the drop-down list. You can add the machine to a cluster on the Clusters tab at a later time.
- Click OK. Your machine is added to the site and appears in the list of available machines. You can repeat these steps as necessary to add ArcGIS Server machines to your site.
- If your site has registered Relational Data Store Types, you must restart ArcGIS Server on each newly added machine by running the stopserver/startserver scripts as the owner of your ArcGIS Server. These scripts are located at the $AGSHOME directory. After restarting, the ArcGIS Server on each added machine will be fully functional.