You can add a new user to the built-in Identity store in ArcGIS Server Manager by following the steps below.
If your users are stored in an LDAP server or Active Directory, you will need to use that product's user management tool to add a new user.
- Open Manager and log in as the primary site administrator or a user with administrative access. If you need help with this step, see Logging in to Manager.
- Click Security > Users.
- Click New user. This displays a dialog box to add a new user. On this dialog box, enter the following information:
- Username: This is a required parameter and must be set to a unique value that easily identifies the user. The user name is case sensitive.
- Password: This is a required parameter and must be entered twice for confirmation. Use a strong password that is at least eight characters in length and containing at least one numeric and one nonalphanumeric character (!, #, %, and so on). The password is case sensitive.
- Email: The e-mail address of the user.
- Full name: The user's full name.
- Description: A brief description for the user.
- To make this user a member of one or more roles, click the Add Role icon next to the role name in the Available roles list. You need to have at least one role previously defined to do this. If there are currently no roles defined, you can edit the user later to add roles to it. To add a role to the identity store, see Adding a new role in Manager.
- Once you have defined the user as desired, click Create to add the user to the identity store.