You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcMap to specify log settings for ArcGIS Server. To do so, follow these steps.
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and create an Administer GIS server connection
to the server. If you already have an administrative connection, you can skip
For instructions on how to connect, see Make an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcMap.
- Right-click your connection to ArcGIS Server and choose Server Properties.
- Click the Logs tab in the ArcGIS Server Properties window.
- Set the Log level. To learn what's included in the different levels, see Work with server logs.
- Specify how long the server will keep logs on disk. When a log exceeds the specified time frame, it is deleted.
- Type a Log path or click the browse button to set the log directory.
The log path must be set to a local directory, and the directory must exist on each GIS server participating in your ArcGIS Server site. You cannot designate a network directory as the log location.
- Click OK to apply your settings to the server.