A cluster is a grouping of ArcGIS Server machines participating in an ArcGIS Server site. You can use ArcGIS Desktop to delete clusters.
Sites with multiple clusters have been deprecated. The use of multi-cluster sites for new deployments is strongly discouraged and existing deployments are advised to migrate away from use of multi-cluster sites as part of ongoing maintenance and upgrades.
Keep in mind that any services configured to run in the cluster will be stopped after the cluster is deleted. If you require the services in the cluster to remain running, you'll need to edit the services to use another cluster before proceeding. For full instructions, see Editing service properties in ArcGIS Desktop.
To delete a cluster in ArcGIS Desktop, follow these steps:
- Establish an administrative connection to the server. See About connecting to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS Desktop for instructions on how to connect.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click your administrative connection and choose Server Properties.
- In the ArcGIS Server Properties window, click the Clusters tab.
- Choose the cluster you want to delete and click Remove.
- A dialog displays asking you to confirm deleting the cluster. Keep in mind that any services hosted by the cluster will be stopped after the cluster is deleted. Click Yes.
The cluster is deleted and no longer appears on the Clusters tab.