A site template gives you an easy way to launch a site containing your desired set of data, services, applications, and third-party software. Create a site template, and follow these instructions to create sites from the template using ArcGIS Server Cloud Builder on Amazon Web Services.
10.6.1 is the last release of ArcGIS Server Cloud Builder on Amazon Web Services. Before you upgrade the site to the next ArcGIS release, you should create a template of your ArcGIS Server site and create a site from the template to keep as a backup.
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Cloud Builder on Amazon Web Services, click the Sites tab, and click Create Site.
- Follow the steps in Build an ArcGIS Server site on Amazon Web Services to create a site, making sure to set the following properties:
- On the General panel, set the Software property to My Own ArcGIS Server Template.
- On the Amazon Web Services panel, set the Region property to the region in which your template is stored.
- On the ArcGIS Server panel, set the ArcGIS Server templates property to the name of the template you want to use.
- On the Security panel, specify any user name and password you would like to use for the primary site administrator account for this site. You don't have to enter the same primary site administrator user name and password that you used when you originally created the template.
You may notice a few restrictions as you create the site using the template, including the following:
- You cannot use a template created with an ArcGIS Server workgroup edition license to launch a site with more than one ArcGIS Server instance.
- You must use the geodatabase included in the template (if there is one), although you can change its instance type (size).
- You cannot choose to include a separate geodatabase instance if the template did not include one.
- You cannot launch a site from a template that includes Amazon Relational Database Service for PostgreSQL or SQL Server.
If the template includes two images, both your site server (the instance with the server directories and configuration store) and your additional ArcGIS Server instances may contain customized software, data, and other configurations set by the template author. If the template includes just one image, only the site server machine will have customizations; the remaining ArcGIS Server instances will be launched using the Esri ArcGIS AMIs. Contact the template author if you have questions about the architecture used to build the template.
Once the site is created, you can choose to log in to its EC2 instances and make further customizations. To log in, you need to know the administrator password that was used on the original instances from which the template was created. Contact the author of the template to get the administrator password. As a best practice for security, it's recommended you change this password after you create your site.