ArcGIS Enterprise on Amazon Web Services Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) have ArcGIS Data Store installed on them. You can configure ArcGIS Data Store with an ArcGIS GIS Server site you create on Amazon Web Services (AWS), license Portal for ArcGIS, and set the GIS Server site as your portal's hosting server.
The following steps summarize how to configure ArcGIS Data Store on AWS.
Alternatively, you can use ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder Command Line Interface for Amazon Web Services and Esri sample CloudFormation templates to configure an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on AWS that includes ArcGIS Data Store.
- If this is the first time you've used a specific Esri AMI, accept the Amazon Web Service's terms for the AMI.
- Launch an EC2 instance and set up an ArcGIS GIS Server site.
- Deploy Portal for ArcGIS in the same region as the GIS Server site.
- Start ArcGIS Data Store on the Portal for ArcGIS instance.
- On Windows instances, start the ArcGIS Data Store service from the Windows Services panel.
- On Ubuntu instances, log in as the arcgis user and run startdatastore.sh, which is in /arcgis/datastore.
- Create a relational data store, configuring it with the GIS Server site you created in step 2.
- If your portal users will publish hosted scene layers, also create a tile cache data store configured with the GIS Server site you created in step 2.
- If your portal users need to run GeoAnalytics Tools, create a spatiotemporal big data store on an EC2 instance separate from the other components.
- Launch another EC2 instance using an Esri AMI.
- Start ArcGIS Data Store on the instance.
- Create a spatiotemporal big data store, configuring it with the GIS Server site you created in step 2.