You can use CloudFormation templates provided by Esri to create the deployments described in AWS CloudFormation and ArcGIS. You can use the AWS Management Console to launch CloudFormation templates (as described in this topic) or use AWS SDK.
Prerequisites are described in the readme file associated with the templates Esri provides. You must meet these prerequisites before launching the stack.
If you have additional scripts you defined that you want to run as part of the deployment, you can include those as well when you deploy a CloudFormation template manually . For example, you could write your own script to add users or load data.
To run additional scripts, perform step 2 and its substeps. If you do not have additional scripts to run, skip step 2.
- Before using an AMI for the first time, accept terms on AWS Marketplace.
- If you wrote a script that you want to run at the end of the deployment, follow these steps to include the script:
- Create an archive that contains your script.
- Place the archive in an Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) bucket accessed by the same account you will use when running the CloudFormation templates provided by Esri.
When you get to step 7, update the PostInstallationScript parameter with this S3 bucket's information.
- Go to the S3 bucket where Esri stores sample CloudFormation templates.
You can find a link to the bucket in AWS CloudFormation and ArcGIS.
- Choose the template you want, click ReadMe, and read the instructions for that template.
Each template has prerequisites you must meet before launching the stack. These prerequisites are documented in the readme file. Meet all these prerequisites before you launch the stack.
- Click View to download the template. Open the template and examine it before you launch the stack to be sure you have all the information you need to provide for the properties in the template's Parameters object.
- Once you meet all the prerequisites and have the information you need to provide for the template, click Launch Stack to run the template.
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console using your Amazon account.
The CloudFormation Stack page opens.
- Change the default Stack Name if you want and click Continue.
- Set the properties for your stack as needed and click Continue.
- Add tags to easily identify your instance, such as Key = Name and Value = MyCloudFormation, and click Continue.
- Examine all your parameter values. Click Continue when you are ready to create your stack.
The stack is launched. For most deployments, configuration is complete. You can access your site using the URL in the output tag.