You will likely use the same Azure region for most of your deployments and have a common port you use for remote desktop access to your machines. You can set a default Azure region and remote desktop port for deployments you create using ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure.
Follow these steps to set defaults before you begin creating deployments:
- Start ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure.
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure.
If you want to use the Microsoft Azure Government cloud and have an Azure Government subscription, check U.S. Government Cloud.
- Click Settings at the top of the Cloud Builder window.
- Choose the Azure region that all or most of your deployments will use.
You can choose a different region during deployment, but set this region to the one you'll use most often.
- Specify the port to use when accessing machines in your deployment through a remote desktop connection.
- To help Esri establish how customers use Cloud Builder, Cloud Builder collects the information listed below. No personally identifiable information is sent to Esri. If you do not want the following information collected, you can uncheck the Track application usage anonymously checkbox.
- The type of deployment (such as a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment, a specific ArcGIS Server role, or ArcGIS Desktop) and whether you are creating a deployment, upgrading a deployment, or adding a database
- Whether deployment creation succeeded or failed
- The number of machines in a deployment
- The type of storage used for the ArcGIS Server configuration store and Portal for ArcGIS content directory
- The type of databases (if any) you add to deployments
This option is available beginning with ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure 10.6.1.
- Click save to apply your preferences.