ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 on Microsoft Azure
At 10.6.1, you can use ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure to do the following:
- Upgrade a 10.6 deployment.
- Register a Microsoft Azure Database for PostgreSQL with a stand-alone or federated ArcGIS Server site.
ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 on Microsoft Azure
ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 on Microsoft Azure contains improved functionality, supports automation workflows, and has a new image available that includes ArcGIS Desktop installations.
ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure
The following new functionality is available in ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure:
- When you deploy using ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure, you have the option to generate artifacts that you can use to automate additional deployments. You can generate automation artifacts for all deployment types (for example, an ArcGIS Enterprise base deployment and ArcGIS Server roles) and topologies (for example, multiple and single machine deployments). Use the automation artifacts with automation tools, such as Azure PowerShell Commandlets, Azure Command Line interface (CLI), or Microsoft Visual Studio, to create additional deployments.
- You can deploy virtual machines containing ArcGIS Desktop software.
- Cloud Builder includes an option to use Azure Files for the ArcGIS Server configuration store, ArcGIS Server directories, and Portal for ArcGIS content directory. Use this option to make your ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Server site deployments highly available.
- You can use Cloud Builder to join virtual machines to your existing Windows Active Directory running in an Azure Virtual Network.
- When you deploy ArcGIS Enterprise using Cloud Builder, you now have the option to create two machines, each containing a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. The second machine makes your deployment more highly available; if one machine fails, you still have Portal for ArcGIS, a hosting server machine, and a relational and tile cache ArcGIS Data Store available on the second machine.
Changes in functionality
The following changes were made in ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure:
- The context name in the ArcGIS Enterprise portal and ArcGIS Server site URLs has changed. In previous releases, both used arcgis. Beginning with 10.6, the portal context is portal and the ArcGIS Server site context is server as in these examples: https://mysite.azureregion.cloudapp.azure.com/portal and https://mysite.azureregion.cloudapp.azure.com/server.
- The option to remove deployment artifacts from the staging storage account has been removed from Cloud Builder. If you no longer need these artifacts, manually delete them using the Microsoft Azure Portal or tools for managing Azure storage such as Azure Storage Explorer.
New ArcGIS Desktop image
A new image is available that includes ArcGIS Desktop installations (both ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap) that allows you to run these products on Microsoft Azure.