You can populate or modify the properties of a WCS service using ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS Desktop. To do so, follow these steps.
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and establish an Administer GIS server connection type to the server. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step. For instructions on how to connect, see Making an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS Desktop.
- Within your connection to ArcGIS Server, right-click the WCS service you want to edit and choose Service Properties.
- In the Service Editor, click the Capabilities tab and verify that WCS is selected.
- Click the WCS tab and select Enter service properties below. This means your service is going to use a system-generated capabilities file.
- Populate or modify WCS service properties.
- Click OK. Your service is restarted, which immediately applies your edits.
See Available WCS service properties to learn more about setting WCS service properties.