You can organize your services in folders using ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcMap. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and click Administer GIS server to establish an administrative connection to the server. If you have one of these connections set up, you can skip this step. For instructions on how to connect, see Connect to ArcGIS Server from ArcGIS Desktop.
- Right-click your connection to the server and choose New Folder.
- Type a name for the folder.
- Optionally, to set the web service messaging format or enable encrypted web access for the folder, right-click the folder and choose Properties.
As long as the folder is empty, you can rename it. Once the folder contains a service, you cannot rename the folder. You cannot drag services between folders.