Installing multiple ArcGIS Web Adaptors
In this topic
- How to install multiple Web Adaptors
- How to install multiple Web Adaptors silently
- How to uninstall multiple Web Adaptors
Multiple ArcGIS Web Adaptors can be installed on the same machine at the same time. The installation can also be repeated on separate machines. The steps below will guide you through the process.
How to install multiple Web Adaptors
Multiple Web Adaptors can be installed on the same machine at the same time or the installation can be spread across separate machines. If you want to install multiple Web Adaptors on the same website (port), they need to use different names. For example, two Web Adaptors named arcgis cannot exist on the same website. If you want multiple Web Adaptors with the same name, you'll need to install them on separate websites (ports).
- Browse to the downloaded folder containing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) setup or insert the ArcGIS for Server media into the appropriate drive to automatically launch the media front end.
- Follow the same instructions that you used to install the first Web Adaptor. For details, see Installing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
The setup will detect and prevent any conflicts with the Web Adaptor name. If you see a message indicating the virtual directory already exists, specify a different name for the Web Adaptor or select a different website.
How to install multiple Web Adaptors silently
Multiple Web Adaptors can be installed by running the setup using Windows Installer command line parameters. See Silently installing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor for full instructions on how to use the command line parameters. No additional command line parameters are necessary to install multiple Web Adaptors.
How to uninstall multiple Web Adaptors
Each Web Adaptor must be uninstalled individually. For full instructions, see Uninstalling the ArcGIS Web Adaptor.