You can install ArcGIS Web Adaptor on its own using the steps provided here, or you can install silently using command line parameters.
Installation behavior and requirements
The version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor must always match the version of Portal for ArcGIS you're using.
You can have a 10.2.1 or later version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor installed alongside other earlier versions of ArcGIS Web Adaptor on the same machine. For example, you can have a 10.1 SP1 version and a 10.6 version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor installed on the same web server.
Each ArcGIS Web Adaptor must have its own unique name; you cannot have two Web Adaptors with the same name on a single web server.
ArcGIS Web Adaptor and Tomcat do not need to be installed on the same machine if you will configure the Web Adaptor with the portal through your browser. However, if you will configure the Web Adaptor using the configurewebadaptor.sh tool, the Web Adaptor and Tomcat must be installed on the same machine.
Upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor
To upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor to 10.6, you need to uninstall the earlier version, and install the 10.6 setup. During the 10.6 installation, you'll specify the same name as your earlier Web Adaptor. This guarantees your Web Adaptor URL will remain identical to the earlier version.
After installing 10.6, you need to configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS.
At 10.2 and earlier versions, running the setup upgraded all existing Web Adaptors to the latest version.
Before installing ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Verify that your system meets all system requirements.
- Verify that you have a website running on port 80 and HTTPS is enabled on port 443. This is to accommodate the variety of encrypted and unencrypted calls made to Portal for ArcGIS. ArcGIS Web Adaptor cannot be configured with your portal if it is installed on a website running on ports other than 80 and 443. For instructions on how to create a website, consult the product documentation specific for your Java application server. For more information about setting up and using HTTPS, see Enable HTTPS on your web server.
- Browse to the folder containing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor setup. You can also insert the Portal for ArcGIS media into the appropriate drive and start the setup.
You are now ready to proceed with the Web Adaptor installation.
How to install ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Start the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation program and evaluate the Introduction dialog box. Click Next when you're ready to proceed.
- Review the license agreement and accept it if you agree. Click Next to continue with the installation.
- Click Next to accept the default location, or click Choose to specify the installation folder.
It is recommended that you do not install ArcGIS Web Adaptor to a remote network drive. If the remote drive is not accessible at uninstallation time, the uninstallation could fail and leave files behind.
- Review the summary information, and click Install to begin the installation.
- When completed, click Done to exit the wizard.
- Browse to the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation folder. Deploy the arcgis.war file to your Java application server on a website running on port 80. For instructions on how to deploy a .war file, refer to the documentation for your Java application server.
- Connect the ArcGIS Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS by completing the steps in Configuring ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
After installation, the Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.