You can install ArcGIS Web Adaptor on its own using the steps provided here, or you can install silently using command line parameters.
Installation behavior and requirements
The ArcGIS Web Adaptor version must always match the version of its registered ArcGIS Server site.
You can have a 10.2.1 or later version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor installed alongside other earlier versions of ArcGIS Web Adaptor on the same machine. For example, you can have a 10.1 SP1 version and a 10.6.1 version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor installed on the same web server.
Each ArcGIS Web Adaptor must have its own unique name; you cannot have two Web Adaptors with the same name on a single web server.
ArcGIS Web Adaptor and Tomcat do not need to be installed on the same machine if you will configure the Web Adaptor with ArcGIS Server through your browser. However, if you will configure the Web Adaptor using the configurewebadaptor.sh tool, the Web Adaptor and Tomcat must be installed on the same machine.
Note:Ensure that you start Tomcat, or any application server where an ArcGIS Web Adaptor instance is to be deployed, with administrative permissions. If it is not, the operation to register the ArcGIS Web Adaptor with ArcGIS Server will fail.
Upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor
To upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor to 10.6.1, you need to uninstall the earlier version, and install the 10.6.1 setup. During the 10.6.1 installation, you'll specify the same name as your earlier Web Adaptor. This guarantees your Web Adaptor URL will remain identical to the earlier version.
After installing 10.6.1, you need to configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor with its corresponding ArcGIS Server site.
At 10.2 and earlier versions, running the setup upgraded all existing Web Adaptors to the latest version.
Before installing ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Verify that your system meets all system requirements.
- Log in as a user with administrative privileges.
- Close all applications.
- Browse to the folder containing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor setup. You can also insert the ArcGIS Server media into the appropriate drive to start the setup.
You are now ready to proceed with the Web Adaptor installation.
How to install ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Review the license agreement and accept it if you agree. Click Next to continue with the installation.
- Click Change to specify the installation folder or Next to accept the default location.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- Browse to the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation folder. Deploy the arcgis.war file to your Java application server. For instructions on how to deploy a .war file, refer to the documentation for your Java application server.
- Optionally, to deploy multiple Web Adaptors on the host machine, redeploy the arcgis.war file as necessary. Keep in mind that if you're deploying multiple Web Adaptors on the same website (port), they need to use different names. For example, two Web Adaptors named arcgis cannot exist on the same website. If you want multiple Web Adaptors with the same name, you need to install them on separate websites (ports).
- Connect the ArcGIS Web Adaptor with ArcGIS Server by completing the steps in Configuring ArcGIS Web Adaptor. If you upgraded ArcGIS Web Adaptor, you need to complete this step to reregister the Web Adaptor with your server.
After installation, ArcGIS Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.